We’re looking for a skilled and talented front-end web developer to join our team. Below is a description of the position. Please contact us if you are interested or if you know someone who is. Thanks!
Qualified candidates will:
- Know the differences between the several DOCTYPEs and how to code for each
- Be able to carve PSD files into functional pages using purely CSS for styling
- Be able to carve new and fix existing websites to look and function the same across supported browsers
- Able to build responsive websites efficiently and make existing sites responsive
- Be able to integrate back-end code with front-end code
- Be able to create new and modify existing jQuery code
- Be familiar with current HTML Standards (HTML 4.01 Transitional and XHTML 1.0 Transitional mostly)
- Be familiar with current CSS Standards and browser compatibility issues
- Have experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Basic Classic ASP, PHP, and ASP.Net knowledge for front-end integration (or the ability to learn it, as necessary)
We’d love to see someone who also:
- Uses progressive enhancement methodologies to build websites
- Follows semantic HTML methodologies
- Is able to carve layouts that allow for dynamic user content
- Knows the differences between GIF, PNG-8, PNG-24, and JPG files and how to optimize all images for quality maximization and size reduction
- Able to keep a URL/folder structure clean and intuitive where everything is easy to find and very little sifting needs to be done
- Knows and uses ALT attributes
We are an established company that thinks like a startup. We are professionals who take our business and our fun seriously. We care about our team, our clients, and our community. We are flexible and are continually learning new things. We are looking for people who help us deliver great client experiences and grow our business.
Send us your resume (careers [at] lunaweb [dot] com) with “Front End Dev.” as the subject. Tell us in a few paragraphs why you would be a great addition to the LunaWeb team. And please include references – we do check.